Monday, July 14, 2008

Every Time I Think We're Going Forward, We Start Going In Rewind...

Well, after a good show on Thursday, of course the one today was awful. But this was a first. This was the first time I was the only person to show up. Magical, eh? Luckily, Goat Bell was awesome about it, as they face the same type of dilemmas up where they're from. They set up and played a full 11 song set just for me. And tomorrow they're printing up a shirt specifically for me. I mean, I knew it wouldn't be a very big show as it was kinda last minute, at my house, and on a Sunday night, but still. Anyway, they did really well. Way better than I was expecting. And everyone in the band is really cool. They're some of the nicest guys I've ever met. It turns out, they live really close to my mom (~20 minutes away), so I think next time I'm up there I'm gonna hang out with them. Oh, and Jim, the drummer runs Hip Kid Records. He has the best distro around. Sooooo much great stuff.

The next show / shows is / are Tuesday, July 22nd. More details on this soon. I think there may be an acoustic afternoon show and a fullband evening show. But we'll see. Maybe more than people than...me...will show up?

After the thing on the 22nd, Toby Foster and A Drum and An Open Window are playing at Meeks Park on the 29th. Then I leave for Chicago. When I get back, there is a show on the 15th. I'm thinking about doing it at the Civic Center, as that's one of the only real places that fullband shows can legally happen in Blairsville. I could use the skatepark, but I want this show to be in Blairsville. Start here, end here. But that being said, I may do one last skatepark show on Saturday. Maybe. We'll see. No Bye FOREVER! Fest though.

1 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

1 person? sooks. Reminds me when like the 3/4 of us watched Mt. Gigantic. that was sweetness. I just caught up on blogs I believe.

9:10 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home