Monday, October 20, 2008

I'm Leaning On This Broken Fence Between Past and Present Tense...

Why do I always do this?

I never really get close to anyone. I don’t know why. Maybe I’m just scared that I’ll ruin something?

I think Ben Gibbard describes it perfectly. “I’ve got a hunger twisting my stomach into knots that my tongue was tied off. My brain’s repeating, ‘if you’ve got an impulse let it out,’ but they never make it past my mouth.” Basically, since as far back as I can remember, I’ve never really told anyone how I feel about them. Whether feelings of like or dislike, I don’t really reveal all of what I feel, ever. In some ways, this could be a good thing, but for the most part it just makes me feel sad and alone most of the time.

I wish I could just change, but I’m afraid. I don’t want to ruin what little I may have with people.

Ugh. I hate this feeling. And it’s my own fault. And I know I’m too scared to change it. But really, what’s life without taking chances? I’ve taken chances with every other part of my life except this one, the one that I’m least satisfied with.

I confuse myself sometimes.

2 Comments:

Blogger Blair said...

Boy do I miss you :)
I hope your having a great time at Berry!
In my opinion-
Take the chance. You'll be surprised of what you can accomplish. Just have fun Dakota.

9:12 PM  
Blogger deanapaige said...

Ahhh! I was going to say "I miss you Dakota."
I was beaten to it.
But, it's still true.

Although I never knew you that well,
I was always very intrigued with your personality.
It keep me guessing,
and wondering if you did, in fact, like me as a person.
I like that about you.
However,
some things just need to be said.

Take the chance and open up every once in a while.
No one wants to be lonely.
:)

3:53 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home