Thursday, December 25, 2008

I Didn't Believe You When You Said That Life Is Easy...

...I can guarantee you that these winter blues are real."
~Arkansas?

Well, another month is almost down the drain. What's been happening?

I made Dean's List. 6 As, 3 Bs. Woo.

I've decided that as soon as I can I'm going to probably transfer to UGA. Rome, Georgia just isn't doing it for me. Unfortunately, since Berry is a private school, I'll probably have to wait until Spring of next year to do so, due to some of my credits not transfering. Yargh. I really don't want to leave the few friends that I've made behind, but I really feel like I'm limiting myself at Berry. It feels like college jr.; at Berry they baby you through everything. Oh, and it's hella expensive. On top of the ridiculous tuition, they nickel and dime you every chance they get.

Stoked: The Band played two shows this month. Well, technically, one (because I played one of them solo), but whatever. The first one was at WonderRoot in Atlanta, and it went decently. For once it wasn't me screwing up the songs; Luke messed up a lot. It was fun, but I think we sounded like crap. The second one was the next day in Hayesville. It was a lot of fun, but not many people showed up. Basically, I had a venue 3 weeks prior, but they bailed 2 days before. It was fun, though, and I think Allison, AJ, and Dylan made at least gas money. I hope. I don't care about crowds for me, just other people.

I just got back from a week in Chicago. It was in the negative degrees like half the time I was there. I was starting to get used to it, though; one night I was out in 25 degree weather with just a t-shirt and felt fine. This was one of the best trips so far. I got to spend a couple days with some of my best friends, listen to some great music, Finish up last minute Christmas shopping, and play a role in pretty much reuniting / rekindling good relations with the stepsister and stepdad. Woo!

Now I'm stuck in Blairsville until January 14th, when it's time to go back to good ol' Berry College. Great. I started writing a zine a couple days ago, so that should keep me busy for awhile. It's gonna come with a CD. And it'll probably be freeeeeee. Woo.

So, Christmas came and went. It seems like everyone liked what I gave them, and I know, for the most part I liked what I received. The most amazing thing I got was a vintage Stratocaster. It was a gift from my uncle. I don't know where he found it, or how he got the money for it, but it really means something to me. And it plays awesomely! Other than that I got a plucked psaltery, an acoustic-electric mandolin, a new kalimba, clothes I'll never wear, and a ton of giftcards. Woohoo. Hope your holidays went swell.

For the past few days I've been hanging out with Trey and Bethany. It's been awesome, and I really miss them.

As always, for more up-to-date / interesting posts, go to dakotafloyd.com

That will be where I post demos from the Stoked: The Band album!

I say that like you care.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home