Sunday, January 25, 2009

Remember How We Used To Talk...

...just one night, we’d tear the world apart, but now we need a drink to even start.
~Sam King

As January draws to a close, it's time for a monthly update.

I've been back at school for not even two weeks, but it's felt like months. I think it may be because I'm actually doing things on weeknights and have been staying busy. I'm taking the maximum number of hours Berry allows (again), plus going to band practice and work.

Lots of things have been coming together nicely this month. Stoked: The Band found a drummer that's really, really good. I'm moving in with Luke (lead guitar in Stoked) on the 26th. I'm a shoe-in for KCAB (the activities board that decideds basically everything that goes on on campus), according to one person in it, that I've only talked to her twice in my entire life. All of my classes are relatively easy, even though I am taking 9. Things are going great in that department, which is ironic because I'm planning to transfer next Spring.

Despite all of these positive things, not all of the changes since break have been good. Over the break, two of the best friendships I had crumbled. Although I have plenty of other people to hang out with, there's a hole in my chest. It's almost as if they had their memories erased and forgot that we used to be close.

But anyway, that's pretty much January. Lots of good, some bad, making this month bittersweet.

Oh and to anyone thinking about Berry: If you want to be academically challenged, this is probably not the place to come. Although there are indeed some tough professors, most of them baby all of their students along. And Rome is pretty much just like Blairsville, except a little closer to Atlanta. If you want out of the small town mentality, this isn't the place for you.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home