Monday, January 02, 2006

It Was Your Hello That Kept Me Hanging On Every Word....

Well, the return from the break wasn't horrible...Not good...but not horrible.

In first block we did whatever.
In 2nd block, we had a "tailgate" party.
Physical Science -- took notes and watched a vide which we have to write a paragraph over.
Finally, in band, we played. Surprise.

A couple good things happened today, though...
1) I heard 7 new songs by The EFD today. Quality material. Go buy his CD('s).
2) Ed gave me a part in the new movie he's making
3) I'm listening to Copeland ("From Medicine Tree") right now. Every song on this album is amazing.





"I remember when I'd run to you
across a field of white flowers.
your embrace was my air.
how I needed you there.
and all of the world and
all of its powers couldn't keep your love from me.

I need you
like the dragonflies wings need the wind
like the orphan needs home once again
like heaven needs more to come in
I need you here like you've always been."





" And I just know that she warms my heart
And knows what all my imperfections are
And she says that I am the brightest little firefly in her jar"




"There's an angel by your hospital bed
Desperate to hear his name on your breath
As he looks down you're not making a sound
Open your eyes look at me
I'll bring to you whatever you need
And I'll tell you I'm sorry
That I can't take this pain away from you
And I'd put it on my own body if I knew how to
Can't you see?

I've gotta bust you outta here somehow
I've never seen your heart this tired
I've never seen your spirit held down "





" Don't lift a finger
Let me show you
The only way to let this go
Don't lift a finger
Let me help you
Hold you here until the pain it has all gone

I'll take care of you oh
Have faith that when you call my name
I'll be there
I'll be right there
So keep breathing oh
Keep that sweet heart of yours beating
I'll be right there
I'll be right there "




"sleep now moon. I'll watch over her while the sun is up and you'll have her eye's again soon. it's a glorious day and my lonely heart is tired again and I am starved for her attention.

that's when Paula sparks a little light in my eye.

sleep now sweet princess. I'll cheer for you silently and carefully, not to disturb. I'll be ready on that evening when you're starved for my attention and you'll say...

wake now prince. there's a brilliant sky above and a jealous moon in love and they are starved for our attention.

that's when Paula sparks a little light in my eye."





"You know just the right thing to say when the
Distance rips us farther and farther and farther away
I'll see you soon"



"She changes your mind
When you see the joy in her eyes
It makes you feel
It makes you feel
She draws your eyes
From all the things that made you numb
It makes you feel
It makes you feel

And I could open up my heart and let her out
And I would never have to sing her name aloud
It was your hello that kept me hanging on every word
And your goodbye that keeps me listening for your voice around each corner
It keeps me listening for your voice around each corner

And I'll sing songs
To help me stay up all night long
Cause I don't want to go to sleep
And I'll sing a song
And I hope you're listening carefully
And know exactly what I mean
You know exactly what I mean"




" So forgive me
Cause I don't know what to do
When you look at me
There can be no hesitation
There cannot be a close second to you
I don't know what to do
When you look at me "




" We do the best we can in a small town
Act like kids in love when the sun goes down "



" Cause you showed up with your hair down
I might not sleep tonight "




"Oh if you would shine your love down here oh
I promise I'd reflect right back at you
Oh I promise I'd reflect it right back at you"

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home