Thursday, December 29, 2005

I Cannot Sleep, I Cannot Dream Tonight...

So, here's something I kinda scribbled down awhile ago. It's a new song I'm working on...It's called "Never Let This Go."


VERSE 1:
Everything I thought I knew
Has been lifted from my veins
There was surrender...
There were no tears
But my mind...It weeps
a thousand years


PRECHORUS:
I remember when
They would all stare and say,
"Those crazy kids...Why can't
we live that way?"

CHORUS:
We ran for the doorway
The stars -- our chandelier
And we danced the night away
Now it's like you're not even here / I wish you were still here


VERSE 2:
Secrets someone's saying lightly
Have buried themselves
In the dust on forgotten shelves
A calm glance into the mirror
A missing face -- It's lost its touch
I'm shaken, but still alive

BRIDGE:
You were graceful with the impact of a funeral...
The looming night may swallow us whole.
You have never been so beautiful...
And I, I've never been so silent in my life.
Fall asleep with this wretched song in our hearts



I'm hoping to have it done and online by later today.

1 Comments:

Blogger Stephanie said...

I read over it a couple times, It sounds good, I'm reading it like poetry I guess. It's good your not trying to hard to rhyme, but it runs together good. No jumping subjects and whatnot.

10:50 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home