Saturday, March 31, 2012

A large chunk of my heart is missing today. Anthony Poynter passed away early Friday morning. Anthony was one of the key holders of American DIY punk, but more importantly an incredible person and a great friend to many. I feel incredibly lucky to have known him. They say that true friends never say goodbye, and I think that’s extremely accurate; Anthony, although gone in his physical state, will always hold a place in the hearts of hundreds of people around the country, and I am proud to say that I am one of those people.

Anthony, you will be missed, but most definitely not forgotten. Tonight, I’m rolling an extra fat burrito for you.

This photo is from the last tour Anthony came on with us. It was taken somewhere around Arizona. We were making burritos in a gas station parking lot. I can't put into words how much I'm going to miss this guy.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home